Saturday, April 9, 2011

People will miss me when I'm gone.

You can watch your cigarette burn. Thing is, I am enlightened. It might have taken me a while to realize, but I am gifted. There is this thing called friendship. We might not be able to connect, or fully understand the shit that goes on in this world, but I do understand that beauty is all around us. And we can waste time wondering why people commit suicide or how angry a broken space bar makes us. Its all worthless, because you're only given one life to live. And I say "let the chips fall where they may" and I might be flawed. I might be cliche. I might repeat myself all the time, but I have come to realize that the friends that stay make me such a beautiful person. Maybe I'm the fish for once. And as a New Years resolution, I say FUCK THE DRAMA. I am eighteen years old and if a supposed best friend wants to go behind my back, or a an ex-boyfriend wants to exclaim how worthless I am, or someone wants to leave their dead body to my finding, GO AHEAD. You want to make this world shittier? You want to fill it with ate and arguments, GO AHEAD. Because I am special. Because I will make this world a better place even if its just be surrounding myself with love, friendship and beauty. And if you have a problem with what I do, or what I say, or even the way I handle things. Be my guest. I'm not going to let your hatred and meanness ruin my life. I only have one anyway,so why dwell on the vile when I can be surrounded by Beautiful people with beautiful lives? Love is so much greater than anything placed on this world. Everything has beauty, and to the petty people who don't realize that: YOU'RE NOT WORTH IT. You can cry all the tears in the world. You can discover your selfish friend's dead body, you can watch as a parent slowly dies by a disease that is disgusting, but no matter how much bullshit a single person can face head on, there is still so much love and beauty that can help them get through the pain. I would know. If after everything I have gone through, after all the shit people try to blow up in my face, I'm still smiling, I know that this life is worth living. It bothers me that Joe coped out. Not just the fact he's dead, I can handle that, but to rob the world of more love? It's already lacking in the department, obviously. I mean as much hate, war and genocide that the world harbors, general unkindness, rudeness,and uncommon courtesy there is, I still love my life and everything that has made me who I am. The shit I've dealt with was SHIT, but it has aided me in seeing how much one little person can do. Existentially speaking, nothing matters and one person can't change anything, but that's one thing I don't agree with. I am Rachel Anne FUCKING Atkins, dammit. And I may only be one little person, but the amount of love I have will change something in this world. I will love everything and everybody as much as my little heart can, even if I die trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment