Saturday, April 9, 2011

So? Things Just Happen.

Today, I told someone to tell me something beautiful.
The very first thing he said was to look at the sky and then you'll see.
I was in class at the time, but when I got outside,
I was all alone and it was pouring.
I looked to the sky and felt the raindrops catch in my eyelashes and cover me as well as they could.
He was right.
It was beautiful


Why is it human nature to have a concrete reason for everything?
Well, that's where religion comes in.
But, why can't humans just accept the fact that things are what the are?
No reason.
Simple.
Why must there be a reason?
Sometimes, things just happen.
Sometimes, people die.
Sometimes, you can break up with some one you love
...and eventually, get over it.
Sometimes, all you can think about is leaving town and everyone else in it far behind.
That's why things aren't as simple as they should be.
Things would be simple, and people could accomplish things simply,
but we don't.
We complicate things and twist them and make them have meaning.
If we just step back, take a deep breath, close our eyes, and look at the sky, we can all realize that things just are what they are.
And that is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment